Thursday 5 March 2009

WHEN YOU SANG

You looked at me
With an intensity so clear
What passion burned in your soul
Was reflected through your eyes
When you sang to me last night

When I heard your melody
There was no more despair
Your voice came to me
Like air to a drowning being
Like the dark, I was lifted

A thousand words you spoke and it
Was as if I had been deaf
For a thousand heartbeats
But it needed no proving
A need within me awoke

Rock city glamour puss
Torn from the breast
Of your anarchic world
You came into my spotlight
Now let’s see you perform

You moved with a
Rhythmic quality
That betrayed your dancers past
I felt your life blood
Screaming through my veins

Now the boards you tread
Carpet my existence
I hear you through my window
I see you in my dreams
I breathe your fire

A fleeting moment
Seemed to last a lifetime
My trembling world
Was stilled in your presence
When you sang to me last night

No comments: