Wednesday 10 December 2008

I THOUGHT

I thought it would be easy
I thought I could be strong
I thought I could wave you off
And be back where I belonged

Now is not the right time
I thought that I could cope
Leave you to your own life
Free my heart of hope

I thought you’d go your own way
Clear me from your dreams
I thought that I could do the same
Tricky though it seemed

When I put this mask on
I thought it would always stay
I would never take it off
I would wear it everyday

A fight beneath the surface
I thought I could control
A turbulent existence
A lonely, vacant soul

I thought I could forget you
Wipe you from my mind
That we could just be friends
I thought time would be kind

I thought if I didn’t see you
I’d forget your face
But I see you all around me
From place to place to place

I thought I could ignore it
I was doomed from the start
I thought I didn’t love you
I should’ve listened to my heart

I thought it would be easy
I thought I could be strong
I thought you wouldn’t matter
Then I found that
I was wrong…

No comments: