Thursday 11 December 2008

GOODBYE

When I awake and you’re not beside me tomorrow
And my eyes well up and my heart fills with sorrow
When I can’t reach over and stroke your cheek
And I cannot grasp the comfort I seek
Your smile wont fill up my world with romance
And I’ll never again be blessed with the chance
To look in your eyes and tell you I love you
The hardest thing that I ever could do
Is say goodbye


This burning hollow I feel deep inside
This chronic pain I just cannot hide
I look for your face on the pillow near mine
But it isn’t there, and no matter the time
That passes me by I’ll never forget;
Never look back and feel any regret,
You always knew how I really felt
You knew what to say to make my heart melt


Who will hold me in the long cold nights
Who’ll reassure me I’m doing it right
Who will be there to hold my hand
Who will listen and understand
That the world is dark and I can’t see the sun
I’m running a race that can never be won
When all I want to do is hold you again
But I’m left on my own - no sun now, just rain


I feel like I’m drowning in a sea of despair
I can’t see my future without seeing you there
My mind suffers flashbacks of when we were together
Me by your side and leaving you never
But you have been taken and I am in Hell
Because when you went away I died as well
I’ll never be whole without you, I know
Please come back to me – why did you go


Days have passed now and I stand in black
And all I want is to have you back
I’d trade everything for just one more day
A smile, an embrace, a chance to say
I miss you more than I could ever confess
My heart is torn - my life is a mess
Every day of my life I was meant to be with you
And the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do
Is say goodbye
Goodbye to you

No comments: